Re: ITP: rtorret, libtorrent, libsigc++

On 8/6/2010 11:52 PM, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
> I wish to maintain rtorrent and the additional libraries it requires
> that are not currently part of the Cygwin distribution:
[snip]
> All these packages have been approved by the Fedora project, but as
> far as I can tell have not been included as part of the official
> Fedora distribution.  However, it is part of Debian's stable packages
> (lenny).  As a result, I don't believe it needs to be voted on.
>
> I would appreciate it if someone could give the packaging a once over.

rtorrent-0.8.6-1:

Rebuilds fine from source. I think setup.hint should include 'libgcc1'
as a dependency (I know it's pulled in indirectly via libstdc++6, but
rtorrent.exe has a direct dep on libgcc1, so it should be listed
explicitly IMO).

I didn't test actual operation; I also wonder whether you should adopt
Corinna's recommendation for d_reclen:

	itr->d_reclen = __builtin_offsetof (struct dirent, d_name)
                  + strlen (entry->d_name) + 1;

but I didn't try it myself.

The README file was missing the runtime dependencies.  Updated
.cygwin.patch attached.

--
Chuck