Re: [ITP] mingw-w64

On 2 July 2010 08:17, JonY wrote:
> OK to upload if packaging is fine, no changes needed.

Great to see mingw64 coming to Cygwin, but I think the upload should
wait until Cygwin gcc maintainer Dave Korn has had a chance to comment
on this.

Is mingw64 already part of a major Linux distribution? Otherwise it
needs five votes from Cygwin maintainers.

Also, are you sure that gcc-4.6 is sufficiently stable for release,
i.e. that there won't be any more compatibility breaking changes
before official release?

Finally, I'm not sure what the conclusion was about which toolchain(s)
will be included. Looks like a single multilib toolchain defaulting to
64 bits to me. If that's the case, is the "tc64" bit in the name
actually needed?

Andy