Re: HEADSUP maintainers: Change in openssl package requires change in setup.hint

On 25/06/2010 7:02 AM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
On Thu, 2010-06-24 at 11:36 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
So, what we have to do is to convert *ALL* existing package dependencies
from "openssl" to "libopenssl098".  I'm going to do this in the
setup.hint files on cygwin.com, but, please do this in your local copy
of your setup.hint files as well.

As soon as I upgraded to openssl-1.0.0a-1, make sure that you keep your
package dependencies in shape when building a new package. That means
to change from libopenssl098 to libopenssl100.
Do you know yet what the actual DLL names are going to be?  libkio
dlopen()s these instead of linking against them, so I want to fix these
for my next KDE release.

However, isn't libcurl3 OBSOLETE, rather than ORPHANED?
You are correct; I fixed this in CVS.

apache2 ORPHANED (Max Bowsher)
This desperately needs to be ITA'd.  I have a version in Ports if anyone
who actually uses this wants to pick it up:

http://cygwin-ports.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cygwin-ports/ports/trunk/www/apache2/

cyrus-sasl/libsasl2 ORPHANED (Gareth Pearce)
cyrus-sasl/libsasl2-devel ORPHANED (Gareth Pearce)
As previously discussed, these actually use libopenssl097.

Yaakov

I have no expectation that I will look at repackaging sasl ever - my motivation for that package is Long gone.

--Gareth