Re: Python 2.6.5-1: python2.6.exe permission denied (SOLVED)

Jari Aalto <jari.aalto-w6EBCRcXQ4deoWH0uzbU5w@public.gmane.org> writes:

>>> $ python -V
>>> sh: /usr/bin/python: Permission denied
>>>
>>> $ /usr/bin/python2.6.exe -V
>>> sh: /usr/bin/python2.6.exe: Permission denied

[FYI, just for the archives and google]

The problem was F-secure antivirus software that put all installed new
Cygwin applications (*.exe) into "banned by DeepGuard".

I had to open the F-secure icon at lower right, navigate to "Tasks >
Allow programs to start" and go through the list of *.exe individually.

That was no fun at all as I ended up reinstalling Cygwin and all of my
environment several times within a week; not to mention jiggling with
"Windows Safe Mode" until it occurred to me look at the antivirus.

Jari