Re: [ITP] makeself-2.1.5

Hello,

I have been trying to figure out the right way to rebuild this package
from the upstream sources, but I come across this particularities:

  -the upstream sources are already distributed in *.run format,
  meaning they are packaged using makeself.
  -this package consist of two shell scripts, plus the man page and
  doc files, so there is no "config-make-make install" process.

These facts make me think the standard procedure of re-building a
package doesn't fit here.
I also read the Cygwin Package Contributor's Guide, and downloaded some
more-or-less simple packages to see how this task is acomplished.
No surprise in finding different approaches: some use a script, others
the still obscure to me cygport util...

My question, then, is this:
What do you think would be the proper way in this case?

  -the cygport procedure applies, and is mandatory, for process
  standarization. Just Learn How (TM).
  -a modified script (i.e. d-1.2.0-1.sh contained in
  d-1.2.0-1-src.tar.bz2) can be used for this purpose.
  -a handcrafted script useful only for this package.
  -any other?

Regards.

--
Huella de clave = 943C D77F 0CB0 02FE 166E  E06F D13A A2E1 98A5 C953