Re: MingW-related setup.exe crash w/ DEP enabled

On Mar 17 13:30, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 04:45:48PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >>
> >> Yes.  I cross build setup and, while I periodically update my build
> >> environment for Cygwin, I haven't updated it for MinGW for many years.
> >
> >Ok, so you better stick to it for the time being :|
>
> ^C^C^C^C^C^C^C
>
> Uh oh.

Even if the crash is fixed now, you should better keep the old MingW
version.  I tested the latest upx 3.04, and it still disallows to
create compressed executables which have a .tls section.  I tried with
a native Win32 build as well as with a Linux build of upx.

Red Hat