R: [ITP] iperf 2.0.4

--- Dom 14/3/10, Mike White ha scritto:

> Hello.? I've made a cygwin
> package for iperf, a commonly used tool for testing IP
> network performance.? I believe it should be included
> in cygwin.
>
> I am not a developer of the project itself.? The
> source comes from:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/iperf
>
> An example of a stable Linux distro that includes the
> package:
> http://packages.debian.org/stable/net/iperf
>
> Here is my setup.hint file:
>
> ---
> category: Net
> requires: cygwin
> sdesc: "Internet Protocol bandwidth measuring tool"
> ldesc: "Iperf was developed by NLANR/DAST as a modern
> alternative for measuring maximum TCP and UDP bandwidth
> performance. Iperf allows the tuning of various parameters
> and UDP characteristics. Iperf reports bandwidth, delay
> jitter, datagram loss."
> ---
>
> The packages I created may presently be downloaded from:
> http://www.mobitrode.com/download/iperf/iperf-2.0.4-1-src.tar.bz2
> http://www.mobitrode.com/download/iperf/iperf-2.0.4-1.tar.bz2
> http://www.mobitrode.com/download/iperf/setup.hint
>
> I have tested basic functionality under cygwin in both
> client mode and server mode and there were no
> problems.? Timing seems to be reasonable.
>
> The build was completely straightforward with no patches
> needed.? However, if bugs do arise, I am an experienced
> C/C++ coder so I should be able to maintain the package.
>
> Regards,
> Michael White

Hi Mike,
build fine, but why you don't use cygport instead of
a script that seems its predecessor ?

On setup.hint
"requires: cygwin" is not needed anymore. You need
"requires: libgcc1 libstdc++6"

$ cygcheck ./iperf.exe
C:\cygwin2\pub\cygwin\usr\bin\iperf.exe
  C:\cygwin2\bin\cygwin1.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ADVAPI32.DLL
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNEL32.dll
        C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\RPCRT4.dll
        C:\WINDOWS\system32\Secur32.dll
  C:\cygwin2\bin\cyggcc_s-1.dll              << libgcc1
  C:\cygwin2\bin\cygstdc++-6.dll             << libstdc++6

On the files, you miss the specific
usr/share/doc/Cygwin/iperf.README

$ tar -tjf iperf-2.0.4-1.tar.bz2
usr/