1.7.1

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 11:13:05AM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>Is there a chance we can release 1.7.1 before Christmas?

I fixed the problem I was seeing in setup.exe.  As it turns out, it had
nothing to do with older versions of Windows.  It was actually a bug in
my code.

I was under the impression that we were still tinkering with the problem
of installing to a network drive but, as far as I'm concerned we're ok
to go.

If you want to make a 1.7.1 version of cygwin available, I'll do all of
the magic on sourceware.  Or, I can build it, put it up, and let you know
when to send the announcement.

Btw, once this is all in place, this is the message that people will see
the first (and only the first) time that they install a new version of
cygwin:

    This is the first time you've installed Cygwin 1.7.1.
    Please be advised that this is a major release.
    If you have not done so already, please check out
    the documentation at http://cygwin.com/ to see how
    the upgrade could potentially affect any existing
    Cygwin installation.

    If this is the first time you've installed Cygwin on
    this system then you may ignore this message.

The dialog box will show an "Ok" or "Cancel" where "Cancel" will stop
the installation.

Hmm.  I just realized that this should probably not show up in
unattended mode.  Fixed.

Older setup.exe's will not work with the new setup.ini at all, forcing
people to download a new setup.exe from cygwin.com.

Btw, if someone attempts to install the legacy cygwin on NT they will
get this message:

    You are attempting to install a legacy version of Cygwin
    on a modern version of Windows.  Press "OK" if this is
    really want you want to do.  Otherwise press "Cancel".
    See http://cygwin.com/ for more information.