Re: Vim and gVim

On Sep 30 15:21, Yaakov S wrote:

>>> Ouch, I screwed up the postinstall script.  Hang on...
>>
>> Should be ok now.
>
> alternatives needs to be added to requires:.  Besides that, looks fine

Right, thanks for the reminder.  I'll add it before I move it into
release-2.

> to me; go ahead and move these into release-2, and I'll follow up with
> the same patchlevel for gvim later today.
>
> As for matching sources, I just have been using the upstream sources and
> patches, and building with --with-features=huge --enable-gui=gtk2.  Do
> you apply any Cygwin-specific patches?

No, vim is plain upstream.  I build it with

  --enable-multibyte --with-features=huge \
  --enable-gui=no --without-x \
  --with-compiledby="http://cygwin.com/";

I think --enable-multibyte is part of --with-features=huge but I'm using
that longer than the huge feature set, so it's still in for historical
reasons.

Red Hat