Pulling the switch on GCC4.

    Evening all,

  4.3.4-1 will be ready to upload as soon as I've finished updating the
README, run the cygport packaging step, and test-installed the packages.

  With this release, I'm planning to throw the switch that makes gcc-4 now the
default system compiler.  This is a last call in case anyone thinks there is
any reason not to do so, such as anything that isn't working right or anything
I've forgotten yet to implement.

  I've changed the priority with which the alternatives are set up in the
postinstall scripts to give gcc-4 higher priority than gcc-3, which will make
it the default choice; after installing this package, references to plain
unadorned 'gcc' or 'g++' will now mean version 4.  This change only affects
the alternatives defaults; if the user has manually configured any of the
packages to select 3 or 4 specifically, that selection won't be overridden.

  As far as I can see, the new compiler is now working better than the old one
ever did, so I can't see any problems likely to arise.  The main difference is
that anyone doing -mno-cygwin builds will now need to specify CC=gcc-3
somewhere, or run the script to make -3 the default, and I don't think there's
going to be a lot other than that.

    cheers,
      DaveK