Re: [RFU 1.7] nasm-2.06-1

On Jul  1 09:01, Dean Scarff wrote:
> Upstream release.
>
> Built for cygwin 1.7.
>
> There are a couple of relevant packaging conventions that I've noticed
> discussed on this list and in practice that contradict
> http://cygwin.com/setup.html yet haven't had an official response (at
> least I can't find it in the archives).
>
>  - should setup.hint have requires: cygwin?  nasm's does.
>  - should it be /usr/share/doc/nasm or /usr/share/doc/nasm-2.06? nasm's
>    is the former

Every package seems to have its own idea how to name the doc dir.  It's
not *that* important.  I guess the better approach is to omit the
version.  After all, you usually have just one of the packages installed
and the user doesn't exactly care for the actual version of the package
when looking for the docs.

> I forgot to announce the 2.05-1 package so I'll just announce this one
> once it hits the mirrors, assuming above issues aren't a problem.
>
> wget \
> 'http://scarff.id.au/file/cygwin/nasm/nasm-2.06-1-src.tar.bz2' \
> 'http://scarff.id.au/file/cygwin/nasm/nasm-2.06-1.tar.bz2'
> rm -f nasm-2.05-1-src.tar.bz2 nasm-2.05-1.tar.bz2

Uploaded.

Thanks,

Red Hat