Re: Cygwin 1.7 release (was Re: The library or libraries will be delivered[...])

On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 10:14:57PM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>> I suppose we could just stay with CVS while everyone else moves to git.
>> If the repository is splitting (which I think it should have done long
>> ago) then it won't matter what we use except that updating a single
>> sandbox will be a little tricky.
>
>I saw a mention of this splitting you speak of, but not much in the way
>of discussion.  Is it happening on overseers@ and gcc-steering?

The GCC steering committee doesn't control binutils, gdb, or cygwin.  It
has been discussed in the gdb and binutils mailing lists but no one
seems too enthusiastic about actually making the split.

One advantage of splitting is that we could make a single bfd and
libiberty repository shared between gcc/binutils/gdb/cygwin.  I guess
the steering committee would have to be involved in that decision.