Re: Cygwin 1.7 release (was Re: The library or libraries will be delivered[...])

On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 01:45:32PM -0400, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
>>Yes, but it's a lower priority to me than getting the base system solid
>>first.  Also, it needs re-arranging w32api and the mingw libs into a
>>real cross-$prefix/$target, rather than putting them in subdirs of
>>$prefix/lib and $prefix/include as we currently do.
>
>I'm more than happy to make any packaging adjustments to the w32api and
>mingw-runtime packages, just let me know what I need to do.
>
>>PTC for the gcc-4 cygport file if you want to help! (I was planning to
>>make the same one serve for both builds by defining a bash shell
>>variable to tell it whether to build cygwin or mingw compilers.)
>
>I'll take a look at it.

Chris, how would you and the other MinGW developers feel about moving
mingw and w32api somewhere else?

There has been some talk about splitting apart the various components of
the "src" directory (gdb, binutils, cygwin, etc.) and it might be time
to separate cygwin and mingw/w32api more definitively.