Re: Suggestion for terminal package maintainers

On Jun 3 12:58, Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 06:08:03PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Jun 3 11:57, Christopher Faylor wrote:
It didn't get lost.  The message is the same.  I implemented the
behavior of backspace to match the way backspace worked on two
different linux consoles.  I've now checked a third linux console and
Alt-Backspace doesn't do anything there either.
It does. I just checked again and it returns ^[^?.
I wasn't claiming that you were mistaken about seeing something.
However, I did try to emulate what I saw on my linux systems which is
why the code carefully did nothing in the case of Alt-Backspace.

Uh, I see. I already feared that might be different between the consoles of different Linux systems.

Is it really different, or does this comment from Thomas Wolff earlier in the thread explain the discrepancy?