Re: Suggestion for terminal package maintainers

On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 11:55:23AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 05:47:57PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>>
>>>IMO, cygwin's console == linux console.  On two of my systems (Fedora
>>>and Gentoo) CTRL-Backspace returns Backspace on the console.  Now that
>>>I'm at work, I see that CTRL-Backspace returns ^H on my Ubuntu system.
>>>But, so far, the CTRL-Backspace == Backspace contingent is winning.
>>
>>Uh, oh, hmm.  I was always under the impression we try to be as xterm
>>compatible as possible, rather than the Linux console.
>
>Huh.  I thought we were going for the linux console.  Maybe someone
>should look at fhandler_console.cc and see which of those is true.

In thinking about this some more, we obviously try to emulate xterm in
at least one respect - we have an escape sequence (added by some
nameless individual) which allows you to change the title of the
console.

Hmm.  I think I'm now in the wrong mailing list.  Changing the reply-to
to cygwin-developers.