Re: Question: Desired owner/group when running setup-1.7.exe

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> However, given that all users are in the group "None", using this
> group for the default group ownership for files is rather insecure.
> On a POSIX system the files in the system directories are owned by
> a group which only sys admins are member of.  In our case, that would
> be most closely resembled by the Admins group.
>
> So, actually I'm now rather leaning towards solution two.

Well, *I* am fine with the current behavior, and am okay with running a
shell as local admin whenever I need to manipulate those files.  None of
the proposed solutions break my usage patterns.  So I really have no dog
in this hunt.

If solution 2 solves the problem that spawned this thread, and doesn't
cause any significant foreseeable additional problems...

> Sorry for the to and fro :}

<g>

--
Chuck