Re: [Thread reset] GCC4 vs binutils

.Dave Korn wrote:
 Aaaaand, as long as
> we're making plans for silencing that ld warning, we should try and get that
> change in there first.

Background:

The current behavior wrt auto-import (enabled by default, but complain
-- info, not warn -- if used without explicit --enable-auto-import)
happened here:
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2002-05/msg00703.html
and extends to ALL pe platforms.

Prior to that, auto-import was disabled by default, and if enabled,
issued a warning if used. This dates back to when auto-import was first
added to ld:
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2001-08/msg00040.html

So, in short: auto-import has been available for 7.5 years, and has been
the default (but whines with "info" message) on all pe platforms for
just under 7 years.

I don't think anyone will complain about no longer whining. It's an
established tool in the gcc/ld-on-pe toolbox.

Dave, do you want to propose the patch on binutils, or shall I?

--
Chuck