Re: [ITP] bind-9.6.0-1

> > A request:  I think a lot of people would find it useful if you were to split
> > out the client tools, in particular 'host', from the bind server package.  I
> > don't want to run a DNS server-- I just want to be able to use the 'host'
> > command.  Thanks, Andrew.
>
> I don't see that as a compelling argument to justify YA binary package.
>  Just because you install a package doesn't mean you have to use every
> single tool included therein.

At the risk of prolonging the argument, I'll just boldly claim without proof
that all but a small percentage of the people who install the bind package will
want only the client.  In that case, parsimony and security argue for not
installing the server on those users' hosts-- even if they choose not to run it.

Whether that argument is compelling enough to justify splitting the package is
of course your call.  In any case, thanks for packaging bind.

Andrew.