Re: [ITA] X.Org X11R7.4

"Yaakov (Cygwin Ports)" wrote:

> libXfixes3 and libXfixes-devel have category: X11 and external-source:
> libXfixes.  AFAIK (and please correct me if I'm wrong) upset and/or
> setup require a binary libXfixes package to go alongside the source
> package, so they are empty.   I don't want the empty binary libXfixes to
> pollute the package list, so I used the _source category for libXfixes
> so that it's hidden by default.

I don't like the precedent this creates -- it's bad UI.  The user is
supposed to be able to get the source by just putting an X in the Src
box of the normal package.  But with this scheme they can no longer do
that, they have to know to first show hidden packages and then to select
the Src column of an empty dummy package that is otherwise never
displayed, used, or needed.  Why can't you just associate the source
package with one of the two existing binary packages instead of
inventing a third, empty, hidden package to associate it with?

Brian