Re: Running Cygwin on Different Drive etters

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 07:37:41PM -0400, Ralph Hempel wrote:
> Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> Since I gave you this answer the last time you raised a similar
>> issue:
>> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2008-08/msg00201.html
>> it really should have come as no surprise that this is not where we
>> discuss cygwin internals.
>
> Not to flog a dead horse too much, but this discussion between
> you and Corinna on the internal workings of the 1.7 fstab seemed to
> be OK on the apps list...
>
> <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2008-04/msg00039.html>
>
> I _really_ don't want to get into a big discussion about this,

Then stop talking about it here.

>or seem in the least ungrateful for the time, energy, and brainspace
>that you and the rest of the heavyweights on the project put in.

We were wrong to be discussing it here.  It should have been done in
cygwin-developers.

However, at least we were talking about making sure that there was no
loss of functionality in 1.7 and how /etc/fstab* files would be created
and formatted for the actual cygwin release.

OTOH, you want to talk about your personal needs and are suggesting
changes to the Cygwin DLL.  There is nothing in the charter of this
mailing list which would suggest that was appropriate.

And, since you were told once that this wasn't the place for you to
talk about this, that should really have been sufficient.

If you really feel the need to talk about this further then move to the
cygwin-talk mailing list.