Re: New Setup for Cygwin 1.7 on cygwin.com

On Aug 25 11:57, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 05:37:53PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >>
> >> That said, however, I can manage to get base-cygwin first in the
> >> dependency order by changing all of the "requires: ...cygwin" to
> >> "requires: ...base-cygwin".  base-passwd is still off in the weeds
> >> somewhere.  Maybe those two packages should just be combined?
> >
> >The terminfo change would be much simpler.  Everything else seems
> >to fall into place then.
>
> I'd consider changes like the terminfo change a rather fragile way of
> fixing the problem.

You know I agree wholeheartedly that we must look into setup's
dependency algorithm in the first place, but the change to terminfo
would make sense, nevertheless.  The postinstall script is just
adding a static symlink which could easily be done by adding the
symlink to the tar archive directly.

Chuck, would you mind to do this change, even though it doesn't
help with setup's idea of the dependency order right now?

Red Hat