Re: [RFC] 1.7 Packaging: Obsolete packages

Brian Dessent wrote:
> Yes, it royally sucks that setup has
> this horrific mix of containers as well as explicit pointer management.
> Ideally it would be great to eliminate all explicit new/delete
> housekeeping and instead make them smart pointers, but that's a big
> project.

Here's a start: a non-intrusive ref-counting smart pointer I wrote a few
years back:
http://code.google.com/p/optionparse/source/browse/trunk/lib/OptionParse/ExternalCountedPtr.h
(or you could grab the boost one)

'Course, actually converting all raw pointer use in setup over to smart
pointers is still a big project. <g>

--
Chuck