Re: [RFC] 1.7 Packaging: Obsolete packages

Brian Dessent wrote:

> - the Replaced-by would have to be transitive in the dependency
> computation code as well.  So if a maintainer renames package OLDNAME to

And, as a corollary to that: Replaced-by should accept only a single
packagename as predicate, since we have this requirement of replacing
any occurance of OLDNAME with NEWNAME in the internal dependency
database.  I suppose it could in theory take a list of multiple packages
but then we'd have to deal with replacing one thing with multiple things
and that just seems overly complicated.  If a one-to-many relationship
is required it can be achieved by setting the "requires:" of NEWNAME to
pull in the extra ones.

Brian