setup-1.7 with -D and -L options

When I run a command-line setup-1.7 with various combinations
of -D and -L, I get the following results, and the last combination
is a bit strange.

I'm not sure what is supposed to happen when we specify both -D
and -L on the command line....

neither -D nor -L

Downloads packages from mirror specified with -s to local directory
specified with -l and installs to root directory specified with -R

-D only

Downloads packages from mirror specified with -s to local directory
specified with -l

-L only

Installs from local directory specified with -l to root directory
specified with -R

-D and -L

Downloads packages from mirror specified with -s to local directory
specified with -l and installs ONLY etc/setup/* to root directory
specified with -R

Comments?

Ralph