Re: New Cygwin 1.7.0-18 in release-2

On Jul 31 15:23, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jul 31 08:59, Charles Wilson wrote:
> > Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >
> >> Illegal?  The only illegal chars are slash and backslash, even on
> >> case-insensitive mounts.  Does it really occur often that you have two
> >> filenames in the same dir only differing by case?
> >
> > I'd imagine aux and prn are still "illegal", right? The numbers are fewer,
> > these days, but there are still source packages out there that have 'aux/'
> > subdirectories.
>
> No.  Aux is fine now.  As is nul, prn, com, ...

Btw., the list of changes attached to my original mail starting this
thread http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2008-07/msg00060.html
already mentioned that.  This is one result of using NT functions
exclusively for file access.

What still won't work, though is to start an application called, for
instance, "aux.exe".  The reason is that the CreateProcess call in
spawn/exec is still a Win32 call which will treat this filename as a
DOS device.

Red Hat