Re: Cygwin 1.7.0-20 (was Re: Cygwin 1.7.0-19 (was Re: New Cygwin 1.7.0-18 in release-2))

I just uploaded 1.7.0-21.  It contains the following important changes:

- Fix for the fix for the problem with native Win32 apps described in this
  thread: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2008-07/msg00457.html
  My first solution didn't work for applications started from a remote
  share path (//server/share/bin/foo).

- Reworked mkpasswd and mkgroup tools a bit more.  I added a -U option
  which allows to enumerate the standard UNIX accounts from a Samba
  server.  I also added a way to define per-server uid/gid offsets
  (-D domain,offset).  This allows to define the offsets in a
  reproducible way for later calls to mkpasswd/mkgroup.  I also added a
  -b option to drop enumerating the builtin groups.  This is handy when
  appending group information from another server to your already
  existing /etc/group file and you don't want to have to remove
  duplicate builtin groups manually.

  I updated the mkpasswd and mkgroup documentation under
  http://cygwin.com/1.7/cygwin-ug-net.html accordingly.

- It turned out that on reading the user fstab file, the username used
  to construct the fstab filename was actually the Windows username, not
  the Cygwin username.  I changed the startup code so that the Cygwin
  username is read from /etc/passwd before trying to read the user's
  fstab file.

  This also allows to define different user fstab files for users with
  the same name but from different domains.  Assume you have created
  the mkpasswd file so that the usernames are fully qualified (real
  life example):

  $ mkpasswd -L coffee -D vinschen -u corinna
  COFFEE\corinna:unused:11003:10513:U-COFFEE\corinna,S-1-5-21-790525478-115176313-839522115-1003:/home/corinna:/bin/bash
  VINSCHEN\corinna:unused:21001:21125:U-VINSCHEN\corinna,S-1-5-21-9231407823-6179817828-4384181110-1001:/home/corinna:/bin/bash

  The /etc/profile.d/user-fstab.sh script from the latest base-cygwin
  package 0.7-1 will now actually create a different fstab file for
  both users on first logon:

    /etc/fstab.d/COFFEE/corinna
    /etc/fstab.d/VINSCHEN/corinna

  Yes, if the username contains / or \ as separator char, it will create
  the matching subdirs.  If you defined another separator char like in
  -S+, it will of course just create plain files:

    /etc/fstab.d/COFFEE+corinna
    /etc/fstab.d/VINSCHEN+corinna

Red Hat