Re: setup.exe for 1.7 and patches?

Christopher Faylor wrote:

You start by discussing setup.exe development where you've already sent
email - the cygwin-apps mailing list.

My fault for not watching what Thunderbird was auto-completing for me. Fixed.

As far as the compilation errors are concerned, weren't you going to try
to get the patches working?  It seems like you need to fix the
compilation errors if you want to help.  If you can't fix compilation
problems then it isn't clear how you are going to help building and
testing setup, considering that you are trying to add new functionality.

Based on Reini's note, I was under the impression that the three patches would apply cleanly to HEAD, and they don't.

What I'm trying to get clear on is whether I shoud be trying to get
the setup for 1.7 (snapshot 2.592) working with the patches.

I got some of the compilation errors fixed, then decided to the CVS
viewer to figure out which tag to pull out to get the setup for 1.7
- the result was inconclusive.

So, which tag should I be referencing in the CVS tree to get the
version of setup that will be released with 1.7?

Cheers, Ralph