Re: [HEADSUP] Let's start a Cygwin 1.7 release area

On Apr 21 10:33, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Apr 20 11:45, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> > Since most of what I did was automated, I probably ended up deleting too
> > much.  Please take a look at the package directories that you maintain
> > and verify that the release-2 directory contains something that makes
> > sense.
>
> My packages seem to be fine.

However, there was something wrong with the cygwin package directory.
An ls shows a 1.5.19-4 binary package with no sources and a binary and
source package version "1.7-1", which never existed before.

Also, even though the directory permissions are 2775, and even though I'm
in group "cygwin" as the directorie's group, I can't add or remove files.
I had to do that as root.

For some reason, I had to delete the cygwin-1.5.19-4.tar.bz2 file twice.
I got no error message the first time, but owner and group were changed
from "root.root" to "cyguser.cygwin".  The second rm actually deleted the
file.  Are you sure we can trust this unionfs implementation?  It seems
a bit unfinshed.

Red Hat