Re: [HEADSUP] Start of Cygwin 1.7 release cycle

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 8:11 AM, Corinna Vinschen
<corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  we're now finally starting the release cycle for Cygwin 1.7.  Not
>  everything is in it's place, some changes are still in flux and the
>  installation is still somewhat bumpy but we should get to all of that
>  while testing goes on.
>
>  We have set up a new release area which is dedicated to the 1.7 release.
>  This allows us to test the new Cygwin DLL in a complete distro
>  environment without breaking the standard release.  This standard
>  release will get frozen at one point, when we think it's safe enough to
>  switch the community to the new distro.  The old one stays available for
>  Windows 95/98/Me users.  So far the new release area is a copy of the
>  existing one.  To access it, you have to use a special setup.exe version
>  you get from http://cygwin.com/setup-1.7.exe

I was / am very happy to see this available.  I frequently run in to
the path / filename too long error.

I downloaded this version of setup and when I run it (I have tested it
against 5 or 6 different mirrors), it fails on 99% complete.  The
setup dialog shows that it is Downloading
_update-info-dir-00743-1.tar.bz2.   Is there anything I can do to get
past this point?

Thanks
Troy