Re: gnupg and /dev/random

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 03:02:35PM +0200, Gergely Budai wrote:
>> If we want to change that, it would be better to use a better
>> CSPRNG for
>> /dev/random itself, instead of a gnupg-specific work-around.
>
>I agree. /dev/random could be strengthened.
>Until then, I am happy that even a gnupg workaround exists. ;)
>
>> Personally, I'd use Fortuna for that and would actually volunteer to
>> provide a patch, if such a change could be welcome.
>
>I am pretty sure that your contribution which would make /dev/random more robust
>will be welcomed by the community.
>But ask Corinna, I think she wrote the original code for it.

You don't need to ask permission to present a patch although it is often
good to give a heads up just to make sure that you aren't going down a
bad road.

Regardless, this isn't the mailing list for discussion about changes to
the Cygwin DLL.  The right mailing list is cygwin-developers and remember
that any substantial change requires Red Hat paperwork.