Re: Ping? + RFC [was RE: Setup.exe vs corrupt lst.gz files.]

Dave Korn wrote:

> >   And here is part 1.
>
>   No comments then?  I'll apply it sometime tonight or tomorrow if nobody
> objects.

Well, you labeled it as "part 1" and so I mentally said, "okay, I'll
take a look at this whenever it's complete."

>   Meanwhile (here's the RFC part), my suggestion for part 2 is attached
> (merged into part 1).  It's pretty crude: it disables and reenables the cancel
> button around each call to Installer::installOne().  This probably doesn't
> stop the user from pressing the cancel key or clicking the "X" close box,
> although I haven't tested that yet.  I would be interested in hearing from
> anyone who reckons they do know the proper way to do this.

Ick.  I don't really like that.  It seems to me that we simply don't
support canceling in any sane way once the installation step has begun.
Even if we are able to cancel cleanly at a point in between unpacking
two packages, that still could leave the system in a horrid state --
missing dependencies, postinstalls not run, etc.  We should disable the
button for the entirety.

Brian