Re: [ITA] tcp_wrappers

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Feb 23 02:35, Charles Wilson wrote:
I'm concerned about the DLL path issues, because /usr/sbin/tcpd.exe is linked against /usr/bin/cygwrap-0.dll.

Should really not be a problem.

OK. I've beat on libwrap fairly heavily over the past few days, and with Corinna's statement above and Dr. Zell's GTG, I will upload the new tcp_wrappers packages and send an announcement as soon as I can get comfirmation on the following:

I need to use versioned dependencies, so that the old tcp_wrappers versions will not pull in the new libwrap0 package. Will the following work (note that -3 is unreleased and does not exist on the server)?

tcp_wrappers:
libwrap-devel/
libwrap0/
setup.hint
tcp_wrappers-7.6-1-src.tar.bz2
tcp_wrappers-7.6-1.tar.bz2
tcp_wrappers-7.6-2-src.tar.bz2
tcp_wrappers-7.6-2.tar.bz2
tcp_wrappers-7.6-4-src.tar.bz2
tcp_wrappers-7.6-4.tar.bz2

tcp_wrappers/libwrap-devel:
libwrap-devel-7.6-4.tar.bz2
setup.hint

tcp_wrappers/libwrap0:
libwrap0-7.6-4.tar.bz2
setup.hint

============= tcp_wrappers/setup.hint =================== sdesc: ... ldesc: ... category: Net prev: 7.6-2 requires: cygwin curr: 7.6-4 requires: cygwin libwrap0

===== tcp_wrappers/libwrap-devel/setup.hint ===========
sdesc: ...
ldesc: ...
category: Net Lib Devel
curr: 7.6-4
requires: cygwin libwrap0
external-source: tcp_wrappers

======== tcp_wrappers/libwrap0/setup.hint =============
sdesc: ...
ldesc: ...
category: Net
curr: 7.6-4
requires: cygwin
external-source: tcp_wrappers

Note that the two new packages' setup.hint explicitly specify curr: and specify both requires: and external-source: AFTER that version specifier. Further, the "main" setup.hint has a separate requires: line for each prev: and curr: version.

--
Chuck