Re: Reporting bugs and notifying maintainers (bugs mailing list?)

> So, to reiterate: cygwin-apps is not a bug-reporting mailing list and,
> if you are a package maintainer, you should be monitoring the cygwin
> mailing list.

Getting the problem known into the developers hands is not very
effective that way. Considering that the messages's Subject may not
necessarily name a particular package.

The user list gets about 45 messages per day. Take month and it's
about 1000 messages. Consider long leaves, absence and life in general
and the "should monitor" is of questionable value.

We could consider better and more organized method of reporting
issues. Debian uses mail based interface that is based on packages.
The same could be accomplihed using a web interface and a little of
PHP coding.

A dedicated bugs list could be welcoming idea. The message could be
CC'd to the package maintainer as well if he so wishes. Not all may
want that but some may want to get mail into their mailbox directly.

Jari

--
Welcome to FOSS revolution: we fix and modify until it shines