Re: [Packaging error] Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mingw-runtime-3.12-1

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 10:35:08AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 10:33:38AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:

>>>I guess that would do it.
>>
>>Except for the small fact that I do not agree with this.  Not sure how
>>this got lost since I thought I summarized it twice.
>
>(and I apologize for misreading the email in the cygwin list where I
>thought Corinna was agreeing with the idea of prefixing man pages with
>mingw-)

Sorry to keep replying to myself but, FWIW, I'd be ok with adding this as
a separate section if we also changed man so that it found this section
automatically.  I'd like "man -k basename" to find the mingw version of
basename and for this to be clearly labelled as mingw.

Given that cygwin's documentation is so sparse currently (always looking for
volunteers to correct that situation, btw), it seems a shame to add a barrier
to any available documentation, even if it is for MinGW.