Re: dirname and basename in MinGW runtime

>Is there a better place in which these man pages should be installed
>from withing Cygwin?

I don't know where they should live but they definitely shouldn't be
installed in /usr/man/man3/dirname.3 and /usr/man/man3/basename.3.
Maybe adding a mingw- to the beginning of the filename would be
sufficient.

Fair enough, I've brought this discussion to the MinGW-dvlpr list to see if we should keep a common name (i.e. the mingw- prefix) in both distributions. If not, I will modify the Makefile.in such that for Cygwin, the mingw- prefix will be added to the manpages.

Cheers!

Chris

--
Chris Sutcliffe