[ITP] hdparm 6.9

I would like to contribute my Cygwin port of hdparm.

Hdparm (http://sourceforge.net/projects/hdparm) is a Linux tool to get/set ATA/SATA drive parameters and driver settings.

A HDIO_DRIVE_CMD ioctl emulation layer is used to provide the drive related command subset of hdparm on Windows.
It should work on XP SP2 and 2003 if driver provides ATA_PASS_THROUGH. It also supports 2000 and XP SP1 if undocumented IDE_PASS_THROUGH is available.

http://franke.dvrdns.org/cygwin/release/hdparm/hdparm-6.9-1.tar.bz2
http://franke.dvrdns.org/cygwin/release/hdparm/hdparm-6.9-1-src.tar.bz2
http://franke.dvrdns.org/cygwin/release/hdparm/setup.hint

Examples:
hdparm -I /dev/sda     -- print disk information and current settings
hdparm -M 128 /dev/sda -- set acoustic management to "quiet"
hdparm -M 254 /dev/sda -- set acoustic management to "fast"
hdparm -S 120 /dev/sdb -- set 2nd disks standby timeout to 10min
hdparm -y /dev/sdb     -- set 2nd disk to standby mode
hdparm -t /dev/sda     -- perform disk read timings
hdparm --security-freeze /dev/sda -- Freeze security settings
(There are still BIOS versions which leave the drive vulnerable)

Supported command subset:

hdparm - get/set hard disk parameters - version v6.9-20070228 (Cygwin)

Usage: hdparm [options] [device] ..

Device:
/dev/hd[a-z]    harddisk 0,1,...
/dev/sd[a-z]    harddisk 0,1,...
/dev/scd[0-9]   cd-rom 0,1,...

-A set drive read-lookahead flag (0/1)
-B set Advanced Power Management setting (1-255)
-C check IDE power mode status
--debug enable debugging output
--direct use O_DIRECT to bypass page cache for timings
-D enable/disable drive defect management
-f flush buffer cache for device on exit
-g display drive geometry
-h display terse usage information
-H read temperature from drive (Hitachi only)
-i display drive identification
-I detailed/current information directly from drive
--Istdin read identify data from stdin as ASCII hex
--Istdout write identify data to stdout as ASCII hex
-K set drive keep_features_over_reset flag (0/1)
-L set drive doorlock (0/1) (removable harddisks only)
-M get/set acoustic management (0-254, 128: quiet, 254: fast) (EXPERIMENTAL)
-P set drive prefetch count
-q change next setting quietly
-s set power-up in standby flag (0/1)
-S set standby (spindown) timeout
-t perform device read timings
-T perform cache read timings
-v defaults; same as -g for IDE drives
-V display program version and exit immediately
-w perform device reset (DANGEROUS)
-W set drive write-caching flag (0/1) (DANGEROUS)
-X set IDE xfer mode (DANGEROUS)
-y put IDE drive in standby mode
-Y put IDE drive to sleep
-Z disable Seagate auto-powersaving mode
--security-freeze Freeze security settings until reset
(remaining ATA security commands were unavailable at build time)

Christian