Re: [ITP] xdelta, try 2

> > Thanks.  By the way, WANT_AUTOCONF was not enough, I had to
> > export FORCE_AUTOCONF_2_5=yes
>
> OK, but I got errors with automake-1.5; using automake-1.6 worked instead.

Hmm, I wonder how I got it to work?  I'll try 1.9, since that is the
latest; if it doesn't work, I'll use your suggestion of 1.5.

> > # setup for xdelta-devel
> [snip]
> > requires: cygwin glib-devel libxdelta2 zlib
>
> AFAICS the libxdelta2 dep is extraneous here.

Strictly, yes, none of the headers or static libraries directly
depend on the runtime.  But I'm of the opinion that compiling
against libxdelta.dll.a is worthless if you don't also have
cygxdelta-2.dll installed to test with.

> > xdelta/libxdelta2/setup.hint:
> > # setup for libxdelta2
>
> Needs an external-source: line.
>
> Fix these and GTG.

Thanks for the review; look for xdelta-1.3.3-3 uploaded
to mirrors soon once I fix these last issues.

--
Eric Blake
(soon to be) volunteer cygwin xdelta maintainer