Re: Please test: ctags-5.6-1

Dr. Volker Zell wrote:

Builds fine, GTG.

Thanks for testing it!

Why don't you use cygport, it'll help in the long run ?

I haven't been paying close attention to it. I thought it was still considered experimental. Are you endorsing it for general use, then?

I had bad luck with g-b-s when I first tried to package ctags, so I went into the packaging process wary about using others' tools. But now that I have something that works, I have a fallback position, so I'm more willing to experiment.

I believe my problems with g-b-s were due to the fact that ctags uses autoconf only, no automake. Do you know of anyone using cygport with such a package?