Re: Setup.exe headless install

On 4/7/06, Phil Crosby  wrote:
> support for a headless install in setup.exe. This would make deploying
> Cygwin on new installs of Windows very easy, and would avoid the time
> spent navigating the list and selecting packages, forgetting a package
> and having to go back and install it, and the runaround that comes with
> getting Cygwin set up just the way you want it.

The current version does not have the package selection feature, but
there is a patched version (not by me, I just have a copy):
http://staff.washington.edu/joshuadf/cygwin/
http://staff.washington.edu/joshuadf/cygwin/instructions.txt

Also, the current command line options can be dumped into the
setup.log file by running "setup.exe --help".