Re: [ITP] libusb-win32 0.1.10.1

----- Original Message ----- From: "Corinna Vinschen" Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin.applications
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 6:10 AM
Subject: Re: [ITP] libusb-win32 0.1.10.1

On Mar 26 21:43, Samuel Thibault wrote:
Hi,

With a little patch, I got libusb-win32 to compile and run on cygwin. I
hence ITP it. Here is the proposed setup.hint:

sdesc: "USB programming library"
ldesc: "USB programming library.
It is a library that allows userspace application to access USB
devices on Windows operation systems (Win98SE, WinME, Win2k, WinXP).
It is derived from and fully API compatible to libusb available at
http://libusb.sourceforge.net.";
category: Devel Libs

(libusb is a fairly common library for accessing USB devices from
userland)

And this really works on Cygwin? I'm impressed. Do you have any Linux distro shipping that package to avoid voting?

The URI of the upstream for this package is http://libusb-win32.sourceforge.net
The package is a port of libusb. It maintains the same API, but has core components re-written
to allow use on Windows. libusb is included in Debian Woody, sarge, etc, and sid (and possibly older versions).

As it is derived from the same package as the one included in debian, and the only change is addinging windows compatability,
I suspect that the vote can be skipped. Obviously you and CFG have final say in that.