Re: [ITP] webcheck-1.9.5 -- Website link and structure checker

Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please-rDBXBDvO6BXQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org> writes:

> On Sat, Jan 14, 2006 at 03:21:59PM +0200, Jari Aalto wrote:
>
>>Included in Debian
>>
>>  http://packages.debian.org/unstable/web/webcheck
>
> I've previously clarified the "available in other distribution" to mean
> "available in standard distribution" so the availability of something in
> a debian unstable or testing or a Fedora development release is not
> enough.

It would not be so straight forward. Ubuntu takes periodic snapshots
of Debian unstable, so how would we rate something in official Ubuntu?

Ubuntu could be compared to Fedora what comes to release schedules and
packages in it.

"stable" in Debian has meant more like "ancient". It still takes 1+
year according to estimates when ("testing") "etch" is being
scheduled.

Jari