Re: [g-b-s Patch: next try] Write and save logfiles forconfigure/make/check/install

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005, Eric Blake wrote:

> According to Igor Pechtchanski on 10/14/2005 8:20 AM:
> >
> > One thing I didn't notice earlier about either this patch or your original
> > one is that you removed the second "cd $(topdir)" from prep().  I know it
> > looks superfluous, but it's there for a reason (so that unpack() can
> > change directory with impunity -- yes, this happened to me before).
> >
> > Applied, with that one change removed.  Thanks for the patch.  I'll
> > address the above *.LOG issue shortly.
> > 	Igor
>
> This broke when following the directions at http://cygwin.com/setup.html
> (that is, run mkdirs, spkg, then copy tarball to new location before
> running pkg).  Running spkg when the log files don't exist should still
> work:

Ah, thanks, I wasn't aware that setup.html recommended running spkg right
after mkdirs.

However,

> 2005-10-15  Eric Blake  <ebb9@byu.net>
>
> 	* templates/generic-build-script (spkg): Don't fail if log files
> 	do not exist.

This will still create an (empty) ${log_pkg_name} tarball, which will get
included in the source package (making it a bit misleading).

I've made the log tarball creation conditional on the existence of the log
files.  Thanks for bringing this matter up.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu