Re: Security advisory: uw-imap - 3 attachments

> cygwin-apps is a...  wait for it...  mailing list.  It is a *moderated*
> mailing list.  It is moderated for a reason.  Having it moderated for
> email and not moderated for anyone who figured out how to use gmane has
> already been shown to be a bad idea.  I don't want a back door method
> for people to send their bug reports and package requests to this list.

But so is cygwin-patches, and gmane *can* post to cygwin-patches!

gmane requires a legitimate email address before posting, and
therefore gmane will not allow an unsubscribe user to post to
a moderated list.  The difference is whether gmane is set up as
a one-way list (as is cygwin-apps) or a moderated list (as is
cygwin-patches).  All I was asking is that gmane be told that
cygwin-apps can be treated like cygwin-patches, instead of
a one-way list.  But I can also live with the status quo, there
is no need to do this just because I asked if you don't want to.

--
Eric Blake