Re: Upload: bash-3.0-8

On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 03:23:25PM +0100, Max Bowsher wrote:
>Brian Dessent wrote:
>>"Pierre A. Humblet" wrote:
>>
>>>In fact it would be best if setup was setting CYGWIN=nontsec
>>>for all postinstall scripts, to simplify the maintainers' task.
>>>This has also been discussed, but AFAICS it has not been
>>>implemented. Apologies if it has.
>>
>>It does, as of
>><http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps-cvs/2005-q1/msg00002.html>, but I
>>don't think we have made a setup release since then.
>
>We backported it to the release branch, and released that change already.
>
>>Which is something that has been bugging me, I want to get out a new
>>setup pushed out soon.  But there are still some very minor bugs that
>>should be low hanging fruit that I'd like to fix first...
>
>Still, we've got a lot of good stuff in CVS already... how about trying a
>release right now?

There is one problem that I've noticed with setup-2.506 that I've been
meaning to report.  I don't know if it is a regression or not.

I noticed that when bash-3.0 was in testing that if you selected a 3.0
version by cycling through versions but without Clicking on "Exp", setup
seemed to just remove bash entirely rather than installing the 3.0
version.  I hadn't reported this because I wanted to provide more
details but if we're thinking about releasing this then I thought I
should mention what I've noticed.

As I said, I don't know if this is a regression or not.