Re: Observation for ALL maintainers who provide dlls (was Re: questionfor perl maintainer)

Charles Wilson wrote:
Still looking for the "issue previously discussed".

Robert's meesage that I just posted was originally sent to the list in June 2001. The following thread is three months later, from September 2001. However, it seems to pretty thoroughly rehash the "issue" in question, but it is not clear to me that the various rationales presented still apply, because cgf has rewritten the whole fork-handling and heap code at least twice since then.

Top of thread: "[BUG] cygwin-1.3.3-2 -- making auto-import dlls"

Robert's response "Auto image base is bad (for cygwin)."

cgf in thread "If it means that auto-import-base doesn't work then that's really a shame. I don't know what to say beyond that except live with it. I'm not going to fix binutils."

I'll try to find the *original* discussion of this issue, which should have occured BEFORE June 2001...

--
Chuck