RE: Blind people using setup.exe?

----Original Message----

  That's pretty much the textbook definition of mangling an attribution!

>>   So, if it doesn't exist anymore, how do we workaround a package
>> validation failure exception?
>
> Essentially the operation of setup.exe now is as if --no-md5 was always
> passed on the command line.  Previously there were two types of MD5
> check, one that checked the entire local package directory (if you
> select 'install from local dir') and a second that checks each package
> before installing it.  This meant unnecessary double-checking of
> packages you were about to install from a local dir, and unnecessary
> checking of packages you had no intent to install.  The operation of the
> second kind (which was always unaffected by --no-md5) remains the same.
>
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps-cvs/2005-q2/msg00036.html
>
> Brian

  Oh!  Because the message hasn't changed I thought it was an md5 failure;
now I see it's an expected-size-check failure.

  Alas, there is still a problem, because before it was possible to work
around with a commandline option, and now it isn't, but requires delving
into the local download dir and messing with stuff.

    cheers,
      DaveK