Re: cygwin packaging approach for atlas3.6 and lapack3

--- Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> The problem with your approach is that if you install both the binary and
> the source packages, and then upgrade the binary package, the optimized
> versions will be gone.  I'd prefer the postinstall solution, combined with
> a helper DLL that delegates to either the default or the optimized DLLs.
> 	Igor

Hmm, what about use of the /usr/local hierarchy (eg. /usr/local/bin for the
dll) for install of the optimized version?  A script in /etc/profile.d could
ensure that /usr/local/bin occurs ahead of /usr/bin in the path.

The fhs specifies /usr/local for local software installs that should not be
overwritten when updating system software.