Re: how to automatically install all local packages

Tod,

On May 12 17:39, Tod Courtney wrote:
> Corinna,
>
> Thank you for raising these concerns.  I am not sure if this issue is of
> interest to the entire cygwin-apps group, but I decided to include the
> group, as you did, in case others in the group were interested in
> information about our software dependencies.
> [...]
> * Our software was has unique requirements for runtime compilation and
> linking.  The main features of cygwin that we utilize are 'make', 'tar',
> and 'ssh'.  Our software executes these commands as Java child processes;
> there are not any link-level dependencies.
>
> I hope this information helps give you confidence that we are operating
> within the bounds of the license agreements.

thanks for providing these informations.  I'm confident that you're following
all necessary licensing issues.  Just one additional hint, even though I'm
pretty sure you know this:  Since you're providing a Cygwin DLL in binary
form, you also have to provide the source code of the same version of the
DLL by the same mechanism.  So your user should be able to get the DLL
sources from the same place as the DLL itself.  If that's done on your
web page, I'm happy :-)

Thanks again for adhering to the licensing,
Corinna

P.S: Unfortunately I can't answer your original question.  Max?  Brian?

Red Hat, Inc.