Re: new package: Joe's Own Editor

Corinna Vinschen schrieb:
I reviewed the packaging and it looks pretty good to me with just one
exception.  Is it really intended to put the joe specific stuff, namely
the joe subdirectory into /etc?  This looks weird.  I'd prefer if the
joe subdir would be located in /usr/share which seems to be the correct
location following the FHS.

I got used to /etc/joerc and the various other rc files there. /etc/joe/*rc looks good to me.

Still my favorite editor, though it has persistent \t bugs.
But I'm stuck with 2.9.7pre1 on cygwin for the last years.

Good to have the original author back to support that!
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/