Re: new package: Joe's Own Editor

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Hi Joe,

On Apr 17 16:12, Joe Allen wrote:
One thing I'm not sure about: I've listed "aspell" as a
requirement.  This is not really true- the editor will run
without it, but I find it annoying when the speller is not
there, so it's kind of a soft requirement.

It's kinda your choice as the maintainer of the package and the usual result of including also optional dependencies is that you will get less questions on the Cygwin list in the style of "JOE work but speeling work not, help how?"

I don't think including that dependency is a good idea.

What if someone wants to use joe for editing source code? Or perhaps just wants a small install, and has faith in their own spelling? In such situations, the dependency would be very annoying.

Max.